Saturday, October 16, 2004

Saturday

All I wanted to do today was just lay in bed all day. I almost succeeded, I didn't get out of bed until 11am. I don't know if it's depression or what, my wife needs a job so badly. Well at least there is no work to go to today and I can watch alot of football today and some baseball playoffs.

I would have loved to see the Red Sox win the Series this year, but the Yankees already have a 2-0 lead in their series and I don't see them coming back on the Yanks. I know a few people at work who still believe that the Sox can come back and win, but not me, I hope I'm wrong though. As for the National League, I don't think anyone cares one way or another.

It's already 340pm and I still have to wait till 9pm for the UT game. I hate when they play that late at night. But I did sleep till 11, so maybe I can stay awake for most of the game. I saw where the fighting Irish won today, I guess my old buddy Carlo is happy. I went to high school with Carlo and he is a graduate of Notre Dame. I've been able to brag about UT football for the past couple of years because the Irish have been down for a few years. This year though the Irish come to Knoxville to play, so the Vols better pull it out or I will hear about it for a long time. Not that it bothers me so much if the Vols do lose. When you work for UT, you find out that you are only a second class citizen and all that matters to the university and the city of Knoxville is the college football team. The athletes at UT have everything first class while the staff who actually run the whole university behind the scene don't really seem to matter. All we need is a winning football program and everything is OK at UT. Better go check out some football scores now.

2 Comments:

Blogger yoni cohen :: http://yocohoops.com said...

Hey-

Came across your blog today. Great stuff.

Noticed you were a sports fan. Hoping you could add a Blogroll link to my "College Basketball Blog,"
http://collegeball.blogspot.com. I'd very much appreciate a link on your site.

And would gladly return the favor, adding you to my blogroll.

Thanks!

Yoni Cohen, http://collegeball.blogspot.com
College Basketball Blog

5:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could not agree more, I think way too much emphasis is placed on the sports program at UT. Another major peeve of mine is Phil Fulmers salary! Are they crazy???? Glad to hear your Saturday was relaxing, and I see that I am not your only fan anymore, Way to Go!

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home