Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Work

I, of course, am at work. I just returned from lunch with the Tech Team. It was the boss's birthday lunch so we went to Calhoun's. It seems everytime we go there from work with at least 4 or 5 people, the restaurant screws up some way. This time me and another guy order a salad with our lunch. When our lunch shows up, our salads still haven't arrived. I tell the waitress to just take it off my ticket, but the other guy says that you usually eat your salad before your meal comes and bitches a little to the poor little waitress and the little guy helping her. Good Lord -- the guy ordered the soup and salad, most people would assume that when you only order soup and salad for lunch that you would get them both at the same time. Now understand that the guy with our group used to be the big boss around here. He probably makes 3 times the money I do, and God only knows how much more he makes than a waitress and a busboy at a restaurant. This is not the first time that he has been out to lunch with us and treated the help at the restaurant as nothing more than his servants. I know that this man would have loved to have lived 200 years ago, so he could have had a few slaves. Other than all that, my grouper was very good, as were the fries and cole slaw.

I have a fear of going out to eat with certain people because you never know which person will show up. I cannot bring myself to get extremely angry at somebody in a low-paying service job. By the way, when the dude from our office was leaving the restaurant, I checked out the back of his car and there was his W04 sticker in the window.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home