Sunday, April 17, 2005

Good Morning

Saturday was a very good day here at home. The wife was gone to the Dave Ramsey seminar, so it was just me and the boys for the day. We started out with a trip to Blockbuster for a new game. Then it was onto Hunter Brothers for lunch. Hunter Brothers is a deli in the area I live in. Then it was off to find new tennis shoes for the boys and myself. Trevor got a pair of K-Swiss, while Zack and I got the exact same New Balance shoes (different sizes though). Then to the mall and to look at some new shorts and shirts for the boys. Found a couple of nice pairs of shorts at Old Navy for the boys and then 4 nice pairs at Sears that were half the price of Old Navy. Guess I should have looked at Sears first. Next up was Sams Club where we spent over $150 on groceries. Got some big fat steaks to cook on the grill and the day was complete. This first paragraph was written while listening to Justin Timberlake's Cry me a River. I really like that song even though I'm a 40 year old father of 2. Next up though is Korn with Got the Life. I gotta mix it up a little bit.

While flipping channels this morning I ran across a great movie called Executive Decision. You know I just want my government to know that I am ready for some excitement in my life, go ahead and ask me for a secret mission. I don't care what it is or where I have to go. I figure if Kurt Russell or Steven Seagal can do it, why not me? What foreign country would expect a fat 40-year old father of 2 boys to be of any concern of their's? Are you listening CIA or FBI or any of those secret organization that we have never heard of. Maybe I could even be one of those Men In Black! I'm ready for my assignment, --- you guys know how to get in touch with me.

I was watching Behind the Lines on ESPN this morning and the had a fascinating story about Bobby Fischer. Maybe the U.S. could send me to Iceland to investigate further for them. He really does come off as an IDIOT in the ESPN story about him. It tells how Dick Schapp befriended him while he was only 12 years old and then how Fischer really turned into a strange and delusional personality. Definitely a personality.

Better go now, Cry me a River is coming back up on my play list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home