Tuesday, April 12, 2005

NFL Draft

I am so looking forward to the NFL draft that is coming up on April 23rd and 24th. The draft will start at noon and will go late into the evening and then pick up the next morning. The one complaint I have is that 15 minutes in the first round is too much time. It takes most of the afternoon to just get by the first round. When I watch on Sunday though, it is hard to keep up with the picks going by so fast and all of the announcers are talking about the first couple of rounds.

It's always interesting to see where the UT players go and even if they get drafted. It looks like this year that linebacker Kevin Burnett will be the first Vol to get picked. It is very strange for any team to draft a punter in the draft, they usually pick one up through free agency after the draft, but this year UT has a great punter who all the experts are expecting to be drafted. I have seen Dustin Colquitt going anywhere from the 4th round and on down. I am almost sure that some team will draft him and if they don't he may be able to get some more money by getting teams to bid on him as a free agent. Micheal Munoz will be drafted but there are a lot of questions about his durability and overall health. He is a good offensive lineman but no where close to what his father and Hall of Famer Anthony Munoz was.

I get excited just thinking about the draft. The wife and kids know that draft day at my house is just like the NCAA basketball tourney, -- they will not be able to get me out from in front of the TV all day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home