Saturday, December 04, 2004

Mountain Dew

Just sitting here on a Saturday evening drinking a Mountain Dew, not a diet MD but a regular MD. Sometimes you just have to have the hard stuff. Besides, the doctor said I could have the occasional regular Mountain Dew. For those of you who don't know, I am a diabetic, or so says my doctor. My hemoglobin or whatever was up one time and a nurse called and left a message on my voicemail at work and told me I was diabetic. That was a hell of a shock to hear on your voicemail. Ever since though, my blood work had been normal. I think the lab or my doctor's crack nursing staff may have made a mistake. I never liked diet drinks before, but now I love diet Pepsi or Coke vanilla. I guess the fave would have to be the Pepsi Vanilla. I just bought a 12-pack a couple of hours ago at Kroger. I also got 12 pepsi and 12 mtn. dew, so the mtn. dew just looked too enticing to have an old diet drink.

I just checked on the UT football game and they are losing. I would assume that Phil Fulmer would get a raise if we win or lose. My buddy in NEW YORK CITY, Carlo, is a Notre Dame alum and they are in need of a new football coach, having fired theirs this past week. I would hope that he would contact the ND athletic department and tell them to make a run at Fulmer. I cannot stand Fulmer, I guess alot of it has to do with me also being a state employee, but I only get around a 2 or 3% raise a year. Fulmer is making in excess of 1 or 2 million a year. When you get over a million, it doesn't matter if it's 1,2, or 3. Maybe I was being too mean when I said I couldn't stand him, as a matter of fact, I don't know him personally. I'm not in his same tax bracket or for that matter same society circle.

I was flipping channels this afternoon between a couple of ballgames and a couple of movies and stopped for a few seconds on NBC. They were giving a sports update with Jimmy Roberts as the in-studio host. How in the HELL did this man get a job? I could do alot better job than this guy and I am scared to death of public speaking. Another sports guy that really makes my skin crawl when I listen to him is Bill Walton. If this guy hadn't played professional basketball, I think he would probably be working on a fishing boat out somewhere. I've read so many articles and opinions from people who cannot stand to listen to this guy talk, so why do the networks keep him around? Do these guys have some information on some bigwigs that keeps them working? If they do, more power to them. If I had some info that would help me out, I would use it to it's fullest potential.

I got my powerball ticket for tonite (145 mill). They say money can't buy happiness, but I would like to find out for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home