Friday, December 03, 2004

Death

If you were going to kill yourself or you could pick how you die, what would it be? I think I would choose the hopefully easy way out with a drug overdose. I would have to be somewhere so no one could find me for a while, or they would rush me to the hospital and pump out my stomach and then I would have to undergo psychiatric counseling. I think my worse fear would be - buried alive. You would be 6' feet underground so no one could hear you scream and I believe the terror would be unbelievable. Drowning would also be a bad way to go. Hopefully I'll make it to an old man and die peacefully in my sleep. When you hear about terrible accidents, where people died "instantly", I find it hard to believe instantly. There has to be a second or two of just sheer terror.

I watched a movie one time called The Serpent and The Rainbow, a doctor went to Haiti to study a voodoo technique where someone would put some kind of dust on you and then a doctor would look at you and determine that you were indeed DEAD. The dust would turn you into an unconscious state but your mind would still work. They would have to bury you within 24 hours before the spell wore off. The movie is about 15 years old, but it still spooks me to this day.

Well enough of that fun talk, it's Friday, so let's get happy. The boss lady is leaving early and the big boss lady will probably just stay in here office with the door shut most of the day. Better go for now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home