Friday, November 19, 2004

More 80's

I am listening to Ratt right now singing Round and Round. How about anyone out there, put a comment on the blog about your favorite 80's group or song. I guess for me, I would have to say the Police and Hall and Oates. I was a huge H&0's fan back in the early 80's. I got to see them once in concert in Charleston WV back in 1983. I also saw the Police back in 83, they were here in Knoxville. I've seen Sting as a solo artist twice, the first time was around 85 when he had just gone solo and the next time was about 1996. I remember the Police concert very well, even though I had consumed a little alcohol. The Fixx were their special guest. I doubt anyone out there will remember them, but they are actually still around. Now I've got a little Huey Lewis and the News coming through on Sirius. I saw Huey in concert in Roanoke VA around 1984 or 85. Stevie Ray Vaughn was his special guest and I was really bummed out about that. I thought why him and that I didn't want to hear his music, now I am a big SRV fan and I wish I had paid more attention to him when he was still around. By the way, Huey just went off and I am listening to an actual DJ, it is Mark Goodman from MTV fame. He was one of the original VJ's on MTV. I also had a big crush on Martha Quinn, I still remember her as a young cutie that I was in love with. I just found out she is now 45 years old, but still as cute as ever. Better go the boss is around.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Def Lepard to me is the all time best band from the 80's although I did enjoy a little Quiet Riot and Kiss. okay okay okay I admit it I did like some Michael Jackson during this time too. So sue me! Kidding, I don't want to be the way you strike it rich off this.

Do you know who I am yet?

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home