Wednesday, November 17, 2004

I'm ready for some Football

Here is my two cents worth on the BCS and who should be playing for the national championship. I think the 2 teams who deserve to play and are the best 2 teams in the country right now are Auburn and Oklahoma. Even though USC is ranked #1, in my opinion either AU or OU could beat them right now and I think they would beat USC pretty handily. I know that USC ended last year at #1 and started this year at #1, but if you look at the body of work all three teams have done this year, I think it shows clearly that Auburn and Oklahoma are the 2 best teams in the country.

Onto the SEC, which Tennessee will end up winning the East division and have to play Auburn again. UT is going to get blown out (again) by Auburn in the SEC championship game and we will be back in the Outback or Gator bowl again and again and again. I was also thinking of a little redesigned SEC. I think the conference should get rid of Vanderbilt, I think Vandy would do very well as an independent, since they are never competitive in SEC football, though they do have a decent basketball team. We replace Vandy with West Virginia, who had gotten left in the Big East after the good schools left for the ACC. West Virginia would fit in very nicely with the SEC, plus it would be an upgrade from Vanderbilt. Vandy would have no problem getting teams to play them every year, because every school likes to schedule a easy win game on their schedule. Ok, I've rambled long enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home