Thursday, October 07, 2004

Playoffs

Trevor and I are all excited about the Sox being up 2-0 on the Angels in baseball playoffs. I'm also glad that the Yankees came back and beat the Twins in 12 innings. Don't get me wrong, I'm for the Red Sox till the end, but I want the Red Sox to play and of course beat the Damn Yankees in the ALCS.

In the NL, I believe the Astros are the feel good story right now. They were completely out of it and had even fired their manager after the all-star game. I like Phil Garner, but he has never won all that much as a manager. Some people keep getting chance after chance or maybe he was the best they could do. Well he did a pretty good job. I still remember him playing for the Pirates in the late 70's, now there was a team with the great one, Pops Stargell leading the way. In little league, I copied his batting stance and the little wind-up he used to do during at-bats.

I wouldn't mind seeing the Braves come out of the NL and make it to the WS. I am going to still have to go with the Sox all the way. Hopefully if the Sox play the Yankees in the ALCS, Pedro will become a man and not need his daddy anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home