Thursday, October 07, 2004

Big Help

The great university that I work for have what they call, employee assistance program,(EAP). Well, I emailed the woman who is listed on the website. Her name and email address are also listed on numerous mailings that we receive here. She is supposed to help us with a large number of things. For instance = financial, legal, emotional and so on and so on. I told her how my wife had lost her job and now her unemployment checks had run out, told her how I had to borrow money from my parents for groceries.

I received a nice email in return telling me I needed to contact the 800-number listed for employee assistance. My question is why does the university need someone who actually does nothing. I could have contacted the state office myself, but I figured the person who is listed as the contact where I work would have some answers for me, BUT NOOO!

So I tried again, this time calling. I didn't use my name, but told her my kids were needing some counseling. She told me sorry to hear about my troubles, but what I needed to do was call the state 800-number. Why does this university (company), have a person who tells you nothing whatsoever???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home