Thursday, October 07, 2004

More Big Help

After the last post it caused me to remember my first experience with the insurance people here at work. My wife had just lost her job and our family coverage, so I contacted the payroll department and filled out all the insurance papers so there would be no lapse in coverage. On the 1st day of April this year I was covered by the new insurance, but was told I would not receive the insurance cards for a couple of weeks. I inquired with the insurance lady at work what I should do, I needed a prescription filled. She told me to pay the prescription out of pocket and then when I received my cards, I could return to my pharmacy and they would give me a refund of what the insurance company had or would pay. I could not afford to pay for all of this prescription in the way she had layed out for me. So, I contacted John Deere health directly. They told me all I had to do was tell the pharmacy I was covered by John Deere and the pharmacy could look it up that way. I told the pharmacy and was able to pay $5 for a script instead of the way I was told at work. If I had dropped it after talking to the woman (who is in charge of insurance at work), I would have had to pay $73 instead of the 5. Why and how do some people even have jobs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home