Friday, September 24, 2004

Nothing

Just read an article about Seinfeld coming out on DVD this November, I think. So I'll try and write about nothing. Here is the way my day went:

Woke up at 550 am, almost an hour before the alarm was to go off, pulled my sore aching body out of bed and went to the bathroom. 10 minutes later it was off to the shower and soaking in the hot water for almost 20 minutes. Found a decent UT t-shirt to wear for casual Friday, got dressed. Brushed my teeth, put on deodorant, put on a splash of Aqua Velva and I was good to go. Had to let the damn dog outside. Came back in and washed my hands off (I couldn't go to work with dog smell on my hands),sit back and watched Sportscenter until about 710 am. Got in the ole 95 Nissan Quest and went over to Mom and Dads to get the newspaper. Drove into work a different route from my everyday journey and arrived in the parking lot at around 740 am. Saw a financial aid counselor in the parking lot and swerved at her to play a bit. Got up to the office, poured myself a cup of coffee(I have a timer on my coffee pot, so I get my coffee as soon as I come in). Logged onto the pc, checked out cnn.com, espn.com, and of course, fark.com.

My next door neighbor arrived about 755, which is about 20 minutes early for her. Everyone is decked out in their best Big Orange outfits today. It's homecoming and the parade starts at 3pm and will be over about 310pm. Not much of a parade really. Had to see the boss around 815 and she was acceptable. Sent an email to my sister, Tracy, who happens to work her now and told her good morning. She emailed back and wanted to know what was for lunch. Told her that we had tailgate snacks in this office and down in financial aid was the monthly birthday celebration. This month it was sandwiches and all the fixins. Went down to fin. aid and moved a PC for the woman I jokingly ran over earlier. She wanted to move her monitor to her main desk and rearrange some of her furniture. One good thing in my job is I don't have to move any furniture, only the PC and PC stuff. So after I got the stuff out of the way, I waited about 20 minutes for 3 people to rearrange her office. Put the PC back and left fin. aid with a plan to come back around noon for the free food.

Went to the breakroom this morning and snacked on alot of goodies. I had brownies made with York peppermint patties in the middle, mini quiches, and some fruit pizza. Sat around the rest of the morning and surfed the internet. Still hoping to be on the beta testing of that new internet 2.0, but that's for another post. 1145 rolls around and the boss says she is gone, I tell her to be careful and to have a good time, trying to sound as sincere as possible. Get an email to come on down to financial aid because the food is ready. Go down and make a pastrami and roast beef sandwich with tomatoes and mayo. Get a big scoop of homemade pimento cheese and some kind of pasta salad and some cheetos (puffed). Grab a sugar cookie with icing and a macadamia white chocolate cookie and I am off. Have to go by the coke machine and get a can of diet coke which will come in handy for a spit can later. Wolf down the food and then Michael, my work-study student shows up, I tell him about the food and back to financial aid we go. I'm too stuffed to get anything else. I tell Michael I will meet him back up in the office, but for right now I have to run out to the van. I go to the van and it is hot, get some tobacco and get back to the office. Michael leaves at 1 and so I go up to see how my sister is doing upstairs. She has her head turned, so she can't see me when I come up, and she is one the phone. I poke her in the side and she drops the phone. She picks it up and apologizes to the person on the other end. Talk to her for a few minutes, she can't believe this one guy we work with just turned 30. She had thought he was maybe early 50's. She wouldn't believe me so she had to go ask some other people in the office. Yes that guy really is 30. Had to leave to go out on a call, the PC was fine the operator well that's something different all together. No she is a very sweet and nice woman, I will not reveal her name, no matter if no one reads this. She is actually very attractive, well for her age. Now I hear the parade is not going to start until 4, it will be pure hell trying to get off of this campus at 5. I'll be a little late getting home to eat my frozen pizza and watch MASH and Law and Order. Just one episode of L&O tonite, I think I'll head on over to tvguide.com and see what else I can find to watch tonite. Nevermind, I just remembered that the Yankees and Red Sox play on ESPN at 7, I think or it could be 8. I better go check.

Well that's enough for my nothing post, do you think it would make a good episode of Seinfeld?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home