Monday, February 28, 2005

Weekend

Here's a recap of the past weekend, nothing happened and I didn't do a darn thing. There is no gas in the van, so I couldn't drive, and before you say why didn't you drive your wife's car, well -- I can't drive a stick. I guess I could if my life depended on it, but my life was safe this past weekend. I told the wife that next weekend that I am going to go somewhere, I don't know where, even if it's just to sit on my sister's couch. I don't see how people can survive without a car. OK, getting back to the stick shift, the only other time we had one was when we were first married. Wifey had a 5-speed Storm and I would drive it to work when I was on second shift. That way when I drove home at midnite there was no one around to see the car jerk back and forth when I took off. She really loved that car, she called it her toy and of course back then my Beretta was still one sharp car. Now the Beretta sits at the side of the house with mold on it. I had a guy come look at it the other day and I told him he could have it for a hundred dollars, but I couldn't find the keys to it. I know for a fact it's worth $100 in parts. It's got an Alpine CD player and 4 new tires with about 50 miles on them. The engine on the other hand, well that's a different matter. There is also the fact that the driver's side window doesn't roll down but half way and the passenger window will not stay up by itself. Me and that car have come a long ways together though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home