Friday, August 12, 2005

Dr. Benny

After my last post, the only comment I received was from someone wanting me to call so I could get info on getting a bachelors, masters, MBA, doctorate, or PhD in any field. Does it show so much in my writing that I could use more education, well couldn't we all use a little more. If anyone is interested the phone number is 1-206-339-5106. No books, tests, or exams. If I had the money to do it, I would pay the money and get my doctorate next week. If anyone wants to sponsor me so I can get the doctorate, just call the number. I've seen enough dateline, 20-20, and 60 minutes to have heard about diploma mills. Sounds damn good to me, I send in the money and they send back the diploma. It would probably work for me just as well as the one I have.

When I got my degree in a let's just say, computer field, the school told us we would have people knocking at our doors, running to hire us. Companies needed people like us, at least that's what we were told. I graduated with a 4.0 and didn't get a single interview until I found a job a year and a half later. My former school keeps going on though, promising the moon and able to get anyone a student loan. The student loan is the only thing that I really have to show for going back to school. I left a good-paying job, although it was hard manual labor, for about half of the money I make now. And now I work for the state, so I have to hear about no money in the state budget this year for raises every year!

I'm also now in an office environment, which means I have to hear the gossip and be part of the constant gossip that goes around. Do some of these people actually think they are doing any good by passing on things they hear. These people of course run to the bosses first of all and they get a thanks from the boss. Damn that does sound sweet, maybe I will join them. But I can't, I cannot run behind someone's back and tell on them just to get them in trouble. I got in trouble a few months back and I think I know who told on me. I was written up because someone from upper management heard this rumor, so of course it had to be true, so let's write Dr. Benny up for it. I was never told what I supposedly said, I was never told who made the accusation, just that they were upper management so it had to be true if they said it. Damn! People suck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home